What is the first thing that comes to mind when you think of Social Media?
What is the first thing that comes to mind when you think of “Social Media”?
Do you think…
- “It’s only for twenty-somethings ‘selfies’.”
- “Facebook is the only way I keep up with my grandkids!”
- “Tweet, twits, it’s just too much at once!”
Actually internet users over the age of 55 are driving the growth of social networking. (Nielsen Social Media Report)
“The fastest growing segment of social media users is now adults aged 45-55,” says (social media today)
And that means there is a huge opportunity out there for women my age and older who are transitioning from kids to empty nest, creating a 2nd (or 3rd) chapter in their lives and careers, to jump into the social media stream feet first! Heels and panty-hose thankfully optional.
Social networking, including blogs, account for over 25% of Americans time spent online and as you savvily create this new career, or revive an old one that you loved, this is a gold mine of time and attention ready for YOU to use to your advantage.
“77% of buyers are more likely to buy from a company if it’s CEO/leadership uses social media.” (war of words)
People research, discover, read and engage via social media order to make decisions about what to buy, where to eat, and whom to trust. No matter your business or service I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, the best way to establish expert status in your field is by generating a solid presence online.
LinkedIn is more heavily trafficked by the 45 and over crowd, even outpacing Facebook. It is where business goes to do business, with the highest percentage of users having college degrees than any other platform.
- It is where you can stake your claim on what you know and why people should listen.
- It is where you can research freely amongst peers to form smart marketing decisions.
- It is where you can find future partnerships for your ventures.
- It is where you can gain the confidence to finally pursue your passion.
Being in transition is a fantastic, albeit scary, place to be. Plant your feet firmly in Social Media and gain strong business footing as you step across the threshold into a new life.
Your business success awaits!