Did you know that LinkedIn keywords are the best way to attract people to your profile? Find out why and how to immediately start using them in this special episode of the Good Girls Get Rich Podcast!
This week’s episode of Good Girls Get Rich is brought to you by Uplevel Media CEO and founder and LinkedIn expert, Karen Yankovich. In this episode, Karen explains how LinkedIn keywords are the best way to attract people to your profile. Many time’s we think only paid promotion will get us new eyes on our profile’s, however LinkedIn keywords are the last secret strategy LinkedIn
#GoodGirlsGetRich We want to hear your thoughts on this episode! Leave us a message on Speakpipe or email us at email@example.com.
About the Episode:
Grab a pen and paper… we’re diving into keywords! So many times our marketing strategies include everything from posting on social media, Facebook ad’s, etc. however, my entire perspective was changed when I heard this one quote from a friend…
“Instead of putting all your money and efforts into pushing out your content, spend all your energy with NO money, placing your content in front of people you KNOW are interested in what you do… because they’re already searching for it!”
That’s where LinkedIn keywords come in and in this episode. Keywords are ways to bring people to your page on LinkedIn.
Here are the best ways to use Linkedin keywords to attract people to your profile:
Know the Difference Between LinkedIn keywords and SEO keywords
The first step into starting to use LinkedIn keywords to attract people to your profile is to know that they are different than using keywords for SEO.
To first start using LinkedIn keywords, ask yourself this question:
What are people searching for on LinkedIn that I want to come up for under the search results?
For example, if you’re selling a monthly weight loss plan, your keywords on google may be “weight loss plan, best weight loss plan, monthly weight loss plan for real results!” However, someone isn’t looking to buy your plan on LinkedIn, but they may be looking for a weight loss coach or expert. Therefore, your keywords on LinkedIn could be “weight loss expert, weight loss coach, motivational weight loss expert” etc.
Fun fact: your competitors are NOT doing this. Using keywords correctly will bring you up first in results for those keywords you wish to be found for.
Need more helping coming up with keywords or your profile? Check out my services here: karenyankovich.com/linkedin-services
Use Keywords in EVERY section on LinkedIn
LinkedIn gives you x amount of characters to use in each section… therefore, USE THEM!
Before our team at UpLevel Media even starts writing your profile, we make sure we have your solid list of LinkedIn keywords to know exactly when and where to use them.
When filling in your about section, headline, even in articles you share and posts, make sure to include various keywords from your list of 40-50. Beware of “keyword stuffing” though as you want to make sure your sections and posts are readable as well.
Remember, you’re attracting people to your profile, so you want to give them something that sounds natural and organic to who you really are.
See what LinkedIn is using to bring your profile up in search results
Once you’ve completed all this leg work, now you can check how well your keywords are working on LinkedIn! If you didn’t know, LinkedIn actually tell’s you how many times you’ve come up in search results within the past week and what they are using to bring up your profile.
Make sure to monitor this section maybe once a week. From there, you can see if your results are on-par or off target. If they’re consistently off target, then you need that you may need to invest more time into your LinkedIn keywords or hiring someone (like myself) to help you out with your profile.
I want you to do this right from the start, that’s why I included this free, bonus video for you to check out to see exactly how to do this.
How to see what keywords you're currently coming up for on LinkedIn.
- Intro to today’s episode (4:23)
- What it means to be “magnetic” (4:43)
- What keywords, SEO and SMO mean for your business and marketing (7:24)
- How to start marketing with keywords on LinkedIn (8:30)
- The differences between keywords for LinkedIn and keywords for SEO (8:47)
- Coming up with your keyword list (9:06)
- Where to be using keywords on LinkedIn (12:10)
- Leveraging your content on LinkedIn (14:44)
- What free LinkedIn tool you can use to find the best keywords (15:31)
- The free bonus resource I have for you today (17:21)
- Episode recap (17:58)
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
- Join my free Facebook Group to share how you use LinkedIn and get support tips
- How to NOT Spam Your LinkedIn Network and connect with your perfect people easily
- Event’s Karen will be attending and speaking at: karenyankovich.com/events
- Karen’s expert LinkedIn services: karenyankovich.com/linkedin-services
- Free download for today’s episode
- Visit freelinkedinworkshop.com to join my free webinars every Tuesday at 1PM EST.
- Follow me on Instagram for more content
Help Us Spread The Word!
It would be awesome if you shared the Good Girls Get Rich Podcast with your fellow entrepreneurs on twitter. Click here to tweet some love! If this episode has taught you just one thing, I would love if you could head on over to Apple Podcasts and SUBSCRIBE TO THE SHOW! And if you’re moved to, kindly leave us a rating and review. Maybe you’ll get a shout out on the show!
Ways to Subscribe to Good Girls Get Rich:
- Click here to subscribe via Apple Podcasts
- Click here to subscribe via PlayerFM
- You can also subscribe via Stitcher
- Good Girls Get Rich is also on Spotify
- Take a listen on Podcast Addict
Would love to arrange to have your speak at Hayvn in Stamford if possible?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and lets talk!
Message me on the contact page on this site! I’d love it if it works out.