The online world we live in these days seems to get more and more saturated with people in our respective fields… however, there is one secret to standing out from your competition and that’s what I’m telling you here today.
This week’s episode of Good Girls Get Rich is brought to you by Uplevel Media CEO and LinkedIn expert, Karen Yankovich. In this episode, Karen share the one secret to standing out from your competition on LinkedIn and making exponentially more profit in your business. It’s simple, it’s quick, and will instantly set you apart from your competition on LinkedIn.
About the Episode:
Many people think of LinkedIn as their digital resume, but we don’t look at it that way here. However, the more I coach clients and especially after running my first free LinkedIn Profile Challenge in a few years, it has become more and more clear that one thing stays consistent… people love talking about themselves!
Which is great! But at the end of the day, I have to tell you a harsh truth…
People don’t care about you. They care about how you can help them.
Which is why I’m here to tell you the one sure fire way to jumpstart your business and the one secret to standing out from your competition on LinkedIn, and that is this one, simple question you need to ask yourself…
So that… what?
Instead of telling people your digital resume on LinkedIn, we’re diving deeper here and I want YOU to tell people who you are, and what you do, so that ____.
Tell people exactly what they can get from you and exactly how you can contribute to their lives!
“I’m a financial planner”
“I’m a financial planner helping women over 50 structure their finances so that they can retire by the time they’re 65”
You see how different that is?? People want to buy into abundance, and who do you think they’ll buy into?
When writing your LinkedIn profile, you need to think of those things that give your exact target audience a reason to buy into YOU.
Here’s how you can start…
Use the “so that” technique everywhere on your LinkedIn profile
Think about the one project here you are attempting to sell or have people buy into and start applying it everywhere! Start playing with this technique everywhere and you will begin to see what you can shift in your messaging.
Do the “warm feet” test
I once heard someone say “people don’t buy socks, they buy warm feet.”
How true is that?? There is a reason behind why someone buys something and that’s the one secret you need to stand out from your competition and the exact messaging you need to have on your LinkedIn profile
Once you’ve started to apply this technique, take a look back at your linkedin profile. Look at every section, whether it’s your headline or about or previous experience and see if it passes the ‘warm feet’ test, aka, is it telling you what you’re buying into?
Does it reflect what you’re selling, or who you’re trying to attract? Does it make people feel like you can help them achieve something greater to where they do want to buy into you? Start looking at all these sections and you don’t need to go SO in depth with this, but start analyzing and reflecting on if they pass the warm feet test and it’ll start to become easier and more clear as you rewrite your profile.
Start applying this to a specific place of marketing
Think about the one thing you want to make live or the one thing you want to offer with everyone. Start using the “so that” technique to all of your marketing for that one specific product.
Use it in your email headers, email copy, social media posts, website copy, you name it! Once you have this technique down on your LinkedIn profile, it makes it much easier to expand into all areas of your marketing.
We’re not flipping EVERYTHING upside down, we’re not marie condoing your entire business, we’re only focusing on the main piece of your business, and once you’ve claimed success into this, you can spread this abundance to every other thing you do.
Having trouble coming up with your “so that”? Not a problem! I created a FREE worksheet to help you get to the root of your business and help you unveil the one secret to standing out from your competition.
- Where to find everything for this week’s episode: karenyankovich.com/098
- Intro to today’s episode (1:57)
- Best findings from our recent LinkedIn Profile Challenge (4:11)
- Examples of why people want to connect with you (5:05)
- The first thing to think of when building your “why” (8:28)
- Start thinking of the “warm feet” test (10:05)
- How to apply everything mentioned with your areas of marketing (10:46)
- Recapping all of these techniques to come together for your life (12:05)
- The FREE download of the “so that” technique workshop we created (13:13)
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
- Get the free download for this episode at karenyankovich.com/098
- Share your worksheet in our free Facebook Group and engage directly with Karen
- Join the waitlist Karen’s brand new, free challenge at linkedinprofilechallenge.com
- Sign up for She’s Linked Up! The best and most powerful way to own what you’re good at and explode your business using LinkedIn.
- Karen’s expert LinkedIn services: karenyankovich.com/linkedin-services
- Follow me on Instagram for more content
Help Us Spread The Word!
It would be awesome if you shared the Good Girls Get Rich Podcast with your fellow entrepreneurs on twitter. Click here to tweet some love!
If this episode has taught you just one thing, I would love if you could head on over to Apple Podcasts and SUBSCRIBE TO THE SHOW! And if you’re moved to, kindly leave us a rating and review. Maybe you’ll get a shout out on the show!
Ways to Subscribe to Good Girls Get Rich:
- Click here to subscribe via Apple Podcasts
- Click here to subscribe via PlayerFM
- You can also subscribe via Stitcher
- Good Girls Get Rich is also on Spotify
- Take a listen on Podcast Addict