This week on Good Girls Get Rich, Karen is digging deep into how to use social media to maximize your time at conferences.
We want to hear your thoughts on this episode! Leave us a message on Speakpipe or email us at email@example.com.
- You want to meet NEW people at events (3:29)
- Have you ever been to an even and knew that you could have gotten more out of the event, but didn’t? (5:05)
- Do research on all events before saying “yes” – are there people that are there that can bring value to your business? (6:20)
- What is your goal for the event?
- Look at a conference’s website and determine the top three people that you want to make a strong connection with (7:40)
- Make sure you’re following them on all of their social media accounts and two months before the conference message them and let them know you are looking forward to learning from them (8:40)
- Share the three people that you want to connect with at the conference’s content (10:40)
- Now find three more people that you want to connect with and start the same process (12:00)
- Look like somebody someone wants to get to know – your profiles need to look professionals (13:40)
- Be present at the event and use the event hashtag in your social media posts (14:20)
- Leverage relationships however they work best for you – set interviews up and more (17:45)
- The fortune is in the follow up (18:15)
- Write all the speakers that you connected with on LinkedIn a recommendation (18:48)
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
- Good Girls Get Rich Episode 41 – Jill Stanton’s Secrets to Bring More Organic Traffic to Your Website (SO many amazing SEO tips!)
- Free LinkedIn Workshop – sign up for the next class here
Help Us Spread The Word!
It would be awesome if you shared the Good Girls Get Rich Podcast with your fellow entrepreneurs on twitter. Click here to tweet some love!
If this episode has taught you just one thing, I would love if you could head on over to Apple Podcasts and SUBSCRIBE TO THE SHOW! And if you’re moved to, kindly leave us a rating and review. Maybe you’ll get a shout out on the show!