This week on Good Girls Get Rich is part one of a three part series surrounding your email list. In part one, Karen discusses the importance of an email list and how to set yourself up for success.
We want to hear your thoughts on this episode! Leave us a message on Speakpipe or email us at email@example.com.
- Your email list is the one place where size matters – the more subscribers, the better (3:02)
- You need to have a consistent plan for your email list (4:08)
- Don’t worry about unsubscribes – these people probably won’t buy from you anyway (5:07)
- Karen actually went through and deleted the users who haven’t opened her emails in years (6:54)
- Create a new lead generation offer and send it to your current list and ask them to share it, in turn, building your email list (8:55)
- Are you promoting your lead gen as much as you’re promoting your paid programs and/or services? (9:55)
- Do you have a call to action on your social media channels directing your followers to your lead gen? (11:20)
- Karen’s goal on her website is for users to opt into her email list – it is above the fold on every page (13:30)
- Keep a look out for users that subscribe with a name with all capital letters, just one letter, etc and change it to something that you can put after the word “dear” or “hey” (15:20)
- Co-marketing and telesummits can help build your email list (17:00)
- Use speaking gigs to collect email addresses – Karen normally has attendees fill out a paper form to receive her freebie (19:02)
- Host a webinar – this way users will put their email in to watch your webinar (21:00)
- There are so many ways to advertise your webinar without paid ads – Karen loves using LinkedIn for this (21:42)
- Track your list building by month – this way you know whether or not you are building your list (23:17)
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
- Part one of this list building series: How to Lay The Foundation For A Profitable Email List
- Good Girls Get Rich Episode 34: How to Use LinkedIn to Get Paid Speaking Gigs
- Sign up for a LinkedIn breakthrough session with Karen here!
- Next week, the last part of this series will show you how to make money and profit off of your email list!
Help Us Spread The Word!
It would be awesome if you shared the Good Girls Get Rich Podcast with your fellow entrepreneurs on twitter. Click here to tweet some love!
If this episode has taught you just one thing, I would love if you could head on over to Apple Podcasts and SUBSCRIBE TO THE SHOW! And if you’re moved to, kindly leave us a rating and review. Maybe you’ll get a shout out on the show!
Ways to Subscribe to Good Girls Get Rich:
- Click here to subscribe via Apple Podcasts
- Click here to subscribe via PlayerFM
- You can also subscribe via Stitcher
- Good Girls Get Rich is also on Spotify
- Take a listen on Podcast Addict
Karen, Loved this episode series. Looking forward on how to use Twitter! Thanks, Ruth