In this episode, Karen talks about optimizing your LinkedIn profile to obtain paying speaking gigs.
We want to hear your thoughts on this episode! Leave us a message on Speakpipe or email us at email@example.com.
- This is a training podcast (4:02)
- Do you come up when people search for speakers on LinkedIn? (5:05)
- The last thing you want to be is the best kept secret in town, that is horrible for a speaker (5:32)
- The difference between SEO & ads is that, with SEO, you are putting your stuff in front of people that you KNOW are interested in what you do (7:19)
- Your LinkedIn profile – your personal brand needs to speak for itself – are you including keywords in your profile? (7:58)
- When you create your profile, make it client facing. Identify your market – who is searching for you? What are they looking for? Who are their clients? (9:32)
- Your headline & summary should be should include keywords (10:42)
- Which keywords are your searchers using to find you? (12:50)
- LinkedIn Endorsements – You can choose your top 3 endorsements, the more people that endorse you for certain skills, the more you appear in search results for those skills (15:03)
- If you’re connecting to too many people, you may miss important messages. Connect with 20-50 people a week, no more (18:45)
- Don’t pitch the moment you connect with someone, the more you talk about them, the higher the chance this new connection will hire you for a speaking gig (24:13)
- Develop actual relationships with your new connections, be authentic (26:30)
- Get recommendations from the organizers and attendees of an event that you have spoken at (28:14)
- A new tool that LinkedIn has that almost no one knows about – have attendees click on “my network” and at the top of this page there is a tab that says “find nearby”; click that and then add the attendees on LinkedIn (30:10)
- This is how you can follow up with people from your talk, without needing their email address (33:33)
- LinkedIn SSI Score – use this to grow the effectiveness of your marketing (35:00)
- You need to be YOU! (35:30)
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
Simone Craig and how important money mindset is for entrepreneurs
KarenYankovich.com/Events – come by so I can meet you in person
Amanda Tento at The Determined Mom – thank you for a great review!
Looking to uplevel your business? Join my Triple Your Biz Club!
Find keywords for your LinkedIn Profile with these tips!
I would love to connect with you on LinkedIn – add me here!
LinkedIn Social Selling Index – check yours out here!
How to Magnetize LinkedIn for a Steady Stream of New Clients – Available for a short time!
Help Us Spread The Word!
It would be awesome if you shared the Good Girls Get Rich Podcast with your fellow entrepreneurs on twitter. Click here to tweet some love!
If this episode has taught you just one thing, I would love if you could head on over to Apple Podcasts and SUBSCRIBE TO THE SHOW! And if you’re moved to, kindly leave us a rating and review. Maybe you’ll get a shout out on the show!
Ways to Subscribe to Good Girls Get Rich:
- Click here to subscribe via Apple Podcasts
- Click here to subscribe via PlayerFM
- You can also subscribe via Stitcher
- Good Girls Get Rich is also on Spotify
- Take a listen on Podcast Addict
Thanks for this! It’s been almost 15 years since my last paid speaking engagement and I need to get serious about this now. Beacon House Publishing, known for its expose coverage of social issues, is coming out with a book about my life story this fall. So I’m trying to leverage this with public speaking to spread the story of environmental justice for coastal communities.