This week on Good Girls Get Rich, we are diving back to LinkedIn and talk about some misconceptions about it. LinkedIn is still the most underutilized social media and with episodes like this, Karen hopes to inspire you to use LinkedIn as much as you use Facebook and Instagram.
Listen and learn about Five Misconceptions about LinkedIn and what you can do about it. If you want to level up your game in LinkedIn, make sure to check out Karen’s FREE Video Series to help you get started.
- LinkedIn is a networking place. It is where business is done. (4:07)
- Way back 20120, we only connect with people we actually knew in LinkedIn. (5:14)
- The power of having a community in building your LinkedIn network (6:15)
- Misconception #1: You should only accept conception requests from people you know. (7:50)
- Don’t be quick to say ‘No’ just because you don’t know them. (9:22)
- Misconception #2: LinkedIn isn’t relevant to your business industry. (9:37)
- Misconception #3: Being active on LinkedIn gives the impression “I’m looking for a new job.” (12:20)
- Thriving companies encourage their people to use LinkedIn. (13:33)
- Misconception #4: There’s no value in skills and endorsements. (14:47)
- Misconception #5: Your LinkedIn profile is just a resume. (17:08)
- LinkedIn is a game changer. Start using it as much as you use Facebook or Instagram. (20:04)
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
- Registration for Marie Forleo’s B-school 2019 is now closed. Get notified and join the wait list when it opens again for 2020 here.
- Check out Karen’s FREE Video Series that will help you get started your LinkedIn profile.
- Join our community in Facebook: LinkedUp Revolution – LinkedIn Success Tips
Help Us Spread The Word!
It would be awesome if you shared the Good Girls Get Rich Podcast with your fellow entrepreneurs on twitter. Click here to tweet some love!
If this episode has taught you just one thing, I would love if you could head on over to Apple Podcasts and SUBSCRIBE TO THE SHOW! And if you’re moved to, kindly leave us a rating and review. Maybe you’ll get a shout out on the show!
Ways to Subscribe to Good Girls Get Rich:
- Click here to subscribe via Apple Podcasts
- Click here to subscribe via PlayerFM
- You can also subscribe via Stitcher
- Good Girls Get Rich is also on Spotify
- Take a listen on Podcast Addict