Thinking about starting a podcast? Well you’re in luck! I’m speaking with the podcast experts today to tell you the 3 things you need to know before starting a podcast and more!
This week’s episode of Good Girls Get Rich is brought to you by Uplevel Media and CEO and founder, Karen Yankovich. This week Karen reviews Elsie Escobar and Jessica Kupferman, creators of She Podcasts break down 3 things you need to know before starting a podcast and more!
Elsie Escobar works in the cross-section of technology, digital media & holistic living with a heavy bias on podcast production and the creative use of audio. She is co-founder of She Podcasts and Podcasting School For Women with Jessica Kupferman. Her services include Digital Media Strategy and Development with a strong podcasting focus and creating powerful innovative digital media strategies that build community.
Jessica Kupferman is the co-founder of She Podcasts and the Podcasting School for Women, who has been featured on The Social Media Examiner, Entrepreneur.com, TMZ, and Entrepreneur On Fire and many more. Jessica is a connection and influence consultant who helps content creators go deeper with their audience and connect, in order to create greater influence as a business strategy
Jessica and Elsie are doing something BIG this October… they are hosting She Podcasts live, their first ever conference for women in podcasting! I also have the honor of being one of the guest speakers at this conference so check out the conference details now and join in on the event!
We want to hear your thoughts on this episode! Leave us a message on Speakpipe or email us at email@example.com.
About the Episode:
Whether you’re an experienced podcaster looking to get some additional podcasting tips or a complete newby, this is the episode for you! Elsie and Jessica talk about SO many points critical points that podcasters and business owners need to know. From leveraging a Facebook group to grow a complete business, there is no shortage of expert tips here!
However, for them this didn’t come without a bit of strategy and hardship at times. In this blog I want to break it down to 3 things you need to know before starting a podcast.
It’s essentially free to start a podcast
Unlike things involving video or even a blog, starting a podcast is essentially free to start! There are many free tools you can leverage to go ahead and get your podcast started out there, from your phone to even the uploading platform.
However, if you do want to invest in some podcast equipment, there are also a ton of affordable options out there. Unlike photography, video, or even blogging that require’s high-definition, expensive equipment these days, anyone can essentially start a podcast if they want to.
There are more steps required in starting a podcast
Along with the 5 things you need to know before starting a podcast, another one of them is that it may be free to start, but there are more steps.
Things like blogging may not take as much time to produce the final product as a podcast may. When it comes to podcasting, there’s a huge amount of planning involved even before hitting record.
There may be a few more additional steps involved with podcasting, however it’s important to note that it’s worth the investment. Which brings me to my next point…
Having a podcast allows you to leverage rates in your business
When I start working with many of my one on one clients and group clients, the first thing I tell them they need in their business is weekly content. Just having a content avenue in your business gives potential clients a sense of who you are, what you do and what they can rely on you for, as well as keep you relevant online.
One thing that I absolutely love about my podcast other than connecting with all of you, is that I can leverage the content for my business! I do a ton of public speaking and my podcast can give people a feel of what they’ll be getting when they hire me to speak.
Because of this, my podcast increases my credibility as a public speaker, and therefore I can increase my rates because of that. The work I put into my podcast each week pays itself back in more ways than just that within my business, but it’s an amazing tool and avenue of content that you can leverage into many different business aspects.
What are some other things you’d like to know about starting a podcast? Shoot me a DM on Instagram and I’ll answer you immediately!
- Our reviewer of the week (2:30) Head to Speakpipe to leave an audio review!
- Interview intro with Jess and Elsie (4:46)
- What brought Elsie and Jessica to podcasting originally (6:35)
- How Karen’s blog changed her business (9:00)
- How podcasting and public speaking intertwine (11:01)
- What made Elsie a better podcast speaker (13:43)
- The importance of having a podcast in your business (17:01)
- What led Karen to start her podcast (20:16)
- What brought Elsie and Jess together to start their business (21:19)
- How they were able to monetize their business (27:45)
- The resources that Elsie and Jess offer under She Podcasts (29:28)
- Value vs. cost of starting a podcast (34:01)
- Dealing with sponsors (38:37)
- Challenges with selling your business through your podcast (40:43)
- Jess’s brand new project to support women in podcasting (43:10)
- Last minute notes and tips for podcasting (54:02)
- How to find Elsie and Jess’s podcast and business (57:20)
- How to position your podcast and your brand (57:41)
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
- Join my free LinkedIn workshops and webinars every Tuesday at freelinkedinworkshop.com
- Join our free Facebook group to talk all things LinkedIn and support for your business
- Event’s that Karen will be at coming up soon
- Marie Forleo’s B-School where Elsie and Jess met
- Jess and Elsie’s affordable She Podcasts Super Squad Patreon course
- Get your tickets to the She Podcast’s Live conference coming up in October
- Connect with me on LinkedIn!
- Join my free Facebook Group to share how you use LinkedIn and get support tips
- Follow me on Instagram for more content
- Free video series on quick tips to start making money on LinkedIn
Help Us Spread The Word!
It would be awesome if you shared the Good Girls Get Rich Podcast with your fellow entrepreneurs on twitter. Click here to tweet some love!
If this episode has taught you just one thing, I would love if you could head on over to Apple Podcasts and SUBSCRIBE TO THE SHOW! And if you’re moved to, kindly leave us a rating and review. Maybe you’ll get a shout out on the show!
Ways to Subscribe to Good Girls Get Rich:
- Click here to subscribe via Apple Podcasts
- Click here to subscribe via PlayerFM
- You can also subscribe via Stitcher
- Good Girls Get Rich is also on Spotify
- Take a listen on Podcast Addict