Feeling overwhelmed with the amount of work there seems to be in creating a business? Don’t worry… we break it down into 7 easy steps right here in today’s episode!
This week’s episode of Good Girls Get Rich is brought to you by Uplevel Media CEO and LinkedIn expert, Karen Yankovich. In this episode, Karen interviews Christine McAlister, founder of Life With Passion to breakdown the 7 steps to starting your dream business with ease.
Christine McAlister is a business coach, the founder of Life With Passion, and the bestselling author of The Income Replacement Formula: Seven Simple Steps To Doing What You Love And Making Six Figures From Anywhere.
She helps high-achievers replace their incomes & scale to 6-figures with businesses they love AND that support the life they want to live.
We want to hear your thoughts on this episode! Leave us a message on Speakpipe or email us at email@example.com.
About the Episode:
If there’s one thing you should know about my business philosophy, is that it doesn’t have to be difficult! I want you to be able to build, grow and run your business with ease so you can live the ideal life that YOU want.
That’s why I brought Christine McAlister, author of the Income Replacement Formula. In her book, Christine goes in depth on these 7 steps to starting your dream business and she speaks about them in today’s episode.
Here are the 7 steps Christine mentions to start your dream business with ease and replacing your preconceived notions of being an employee of a company, vs. an entrepreneur.
Make a decision that you’re going to do it
It may sound easy, but in most cases, it’s easier said than done. The first step to replacing your income and starting your dream business is to make the decision that you’re actually going to do it!
Sometimes it’s just making the decision that you’re dedicated to starting your business and making it grow that can be the biggest in the process to making multiple 6-figures in your business.
Develop an entrepreneurial mindset
We’ve been conditioned from as far back as we can imagine to think as an employee, not an entrepreneur. The world in which we live in right now favors employees as well!
Between health insurance, benefits, time-off, hours, etc. It’s sometimes incredibly difficult to get into the mindset that YOU are going to be the boss of your entire company.
Identify the mindsets that keep you locked into an “employee” mindset. Identifying these notions make it so much easier to start having an entrepreneurial mindset and let you step into your own confidence and own what you do!
This cannot be stressed enough! Christine left us with an amazing quote…
“When starting your business, ask yourself… ‘who do I take stand for?’ I find that to be one of the most clarifying questions to help determine your niche.”
Identifying your niche will allow you to focus on the parts of your business, products, services etc. matter most and how you can build and tailor them specifically for your niche.
Now that your niche is readily identified, you must create an offer for those people in your niche! Simple enough, right?
Think about who they are and how you can best serve them with your products and services and create the offer they’re most likely to respond to.
Christine (as well as I) recommend that your first marketing efforts are to your warm market.
Your warm market are the people who already know, like and trust you. You’re not spamming random people, but getting your product and services out to those who already support you and wish to collaborate with you.
Once you are able to see the response from your warm market, this is where you start to create visibility in the market.
This is where you begin to reach out to the colder market and you’ll have a better idea on how you can market your products and services to create a win-win for both you and your audience.
Last but not least… If you want to make a lot of money in your business (which, I’m hoping you do!), you must focus on sales.
It can actually be fun! Once you have that one key formula that’s repeatable and works… use it! There’s a way to sell in a way that your customer doesn’t feel sold to and you can create a win-win for you and the customer.
At this point, you should know what that is between your warm and cold audiences that enforcing this repeatable system will continue in maximized growth for your company.
- Where to find everything for this week’s episode: karenyankovich.com/103
- Intro to todays episode (2:19)
- Introduction to Christine McCallister (2:48)
- Christine’s background on becoming an entrepreneur (3:39)
- How Christine knew she wanted to be an entrepreneur (9:59)
- When Christine replaced her full-time job income with her side business (16:45)
- Christine’s thoughts on outsourcing and keeping costs in her business down (19:39)
- How to start a successful business when you have another job, family, etc. (25:18)
- The first step you have to take to replace your income and build a multiple 6-figure business (37:54)
- Where to find more about Christine and her business (38:34)
- How to book your free consultation (40:25)
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
- Christine’s website: lifewithpassion.com
- Check out the podcast on being a content writing rockstar with Lacy Boggs
- Download a free chapter of Christine’s Book, The Income Replacement Formula
- Want one-on-one coaching with Christine? Mention you came from the Good Girls Get Rich podcast at lifewithpassion.com
- Where you can find Christine McCalister:
- Book a mastermind session with Karen and receive a free consultation plan at karenyankovich.com/apply
- Join the waitlist for my LinkedIn Profile Challenge coming up in January at linkedinprofilechallenge.com
- Join my free Facebook Group to share how you use LinkedIn and get support tips
- Follow me on Instagram for more content
Help Us Spread The Word!
It would be awesome if you shared the Good Girls Get Rich Podcast with your fellow entrepreneurs on twitter. Click here to tweet some love!
If this episode has taught you just one thing, I would love if you could head on over to Apple Podcasts and SUBSCRIBE TO THE SHOW! And if you’re moved to, kindly leave us a rating and review. Maybe you’ll get a shout out on the show!