This week on Good Girls Get Rich, Karen talks about the importance of a thoughtful LinkedIn Summary.
We want to hear your thoughts on this episode! Leave us a message on Speakpipe or email us at email@example.com.
- So many people skip over the summary; that’s what makes LinkedIn different than a resume (3:20)
- Google indexes your summary (3:50)
- Your summary is part of your digital brand online (4:35)
- Karen’s secret tip to writing a summary: take your smartphone and talk into it for 2-3 minutes (in first person); What is your passion? Who do you love helping? What are your clients’ results? (5:46)
- What are people searching for? Are those keywords in your summary? (8:32)
- Infuse your keywords into your transcribed audio file (9:39)
- Karen lists her specialties at the end, which are her keywords (10:00)
- Make your summary about you, but talk to your ideal client (12:22)
- Are your first few lines powerful? Do they make you want to click the “read more”? (14:24)
- Do you have a call to action at the end?
- Make sure your personality is still in your profile (16:10)
- Use ALL 2,000 characters that are available (17:00)
- Make it easy to read – make it look like a sales page (17:17)
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
- Solo show every week – tell Karen what you want me to talk about!
- Good Girls Get Rich Episode 18: Why I’m So Hot On LinkedIn And Why You Should Be Too
- Good Girls Get Rich Episode 24: How Your Ideal Client Avatar Affects Your Bank Account
- Good Girls Get Rich Episode 37: Geek Out On Social Media With Stacey Harris
- Interested in having Karen host a LinkedIn Lounge at your next event? Email her here.
- Rev.com – $1 per minute to transcribe your recording
- Connect with me on LinkedIn!
- See if Karen will be in your area – she would love to meet you!
Help Us Spread The Word!
It would be awesome if you shared the Good Girls Get Rich Podcast with your fellow entrepreneurs on twitter. Click here to tweet some love!
If this episode has taught you just one thing, I would love if you could head on over to Apple Podcasts and SUBSCRIBE TO THE SHOW! And if you’re moved to, kindly leave us a rating and review. Maybe you’ll get a shout out on the show!