This week, Good Girls Get Rich features, guest, Jill Stanton. Jill is the co-founder of Screw the 9 to 5 where she and her husband, Josh, help entrepreneurs build more attention to their brands while getting more out of their life with simple strategies and behind the scenes glimpses on how to build a business online.
We want to hear your thoughts on this episode! Leave us a message on Speakpipe or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Attention is the currency online (4:45)
- Jill was a social media manager for bars and restaurants and her husband, Josh, was a software and online course creator (5:00)
- Jill and her husband started a skincare site and had their first $1,000 month a few months in (6:20)
- On their wedding week, Jill & Josh decided to start a blog…named Screw the 9 to 5 (7:45)
- They tried to sell a product and it failed, so they turned back to what they know (8:25)
- Jill and her husband make money through affiliate revenue, their membership program and one-off courses (9:30)
- You have to build a foundation of sustainable, consistent traffic before using any type of paid ads (12:12)
- The difference between cornerstone content and community content
- They used paid traffic for blog posts (15:20)
- Organic traffic is the foundation and paid traffic is the gasoline on the fire (16:00)
- When you don’t have traffic, you aren’t making sales, which will make you frustrated (18:30)
- If you rely on paid traffic, the second that your ad account is frozen, your paid traffic is gone (19:00)
- Create blog posts for hi-profit topics and then get on others’ websites, podcasts, etc to bring traffic to these blog posts (21:20)
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
- Good Girls Get Rich Episode 40: Why LinkedIn Should Be Where You Go Before Any Meeting
- Karen will be in New Jersey & Virginia soon – hope to see you there!
- Free LinkedIn Workshop – An hour long, FREE, workshop about how to get started with LinkedIn!
- How to Get More Website Traffic – a super informative blog post from Jill & Josh Stanton
- Hang out with Jill in her free Facebook group!
- Want even more? Attend one of Jill’s FREE webinars!
Help Us Spread The Word!
It would be awesome if you shared the Good Girls Get Rich Podcast with your fellow entrepreneurs on twitter. Click here to tweet some love!
If this episode has taught you just one thing, I would love if you could head on over to Apple Podcasts and SUBSCRIBE TO THE SHOW! And if you’re moved to, kindly leave us a rating and review. Maybe you’ll get a shout out on the show!
Ways to Subscribe to Good Girls Get Rich:
- Click here to subscribe via Apple Podcasts
- Click here to subscribe via PlayerFM
- You can also subscribe via Stitcher
- Good Girls Get Rich is also on Spotify
- Take a listen on Podcast Addict