“It’s okay to be good, it’s okay to be rich…and let’s do this and change the world together.”
Did you know? Women are the main breadwinners in most families, but paid less than men.
Good Girls Get Rich Is About: Women need to learn how to use social media, especially LinkedIn, to show their confidence and skill with the world. Women (and all people) need to learn how to be comfortable to show how good they are at what they do.
How did Karen get here? Karen shares her story when she was 16 years old and she went to her high school boyfriend’s house on Christmas eve; how she felt about being the center of attention among adults there, how she got along with a predominantly adult male group and beat them in a card game she knew nothing about in 1977, a time when societal norms did not allow girls to be the one to go to boys’ houses.
Good Girl: A woman who starts stepping into that power despite societal norms, despite how she may have grown up, despite feeling uncomfortable on a public platform like social media.
- Getting started on LinkedIn – the front door to your business
- Invest in a professional headshot – make sure to look as if you were going to your first day at a new job – have your hair & makeup done and wear an outfit that is professional
- Tips on how to make a summary of your LinkedIn profile and including a call-to-action to facilitate engagement
- Make your profile client-facing – think about what people are searching for and make it about them
- Use confident writing in your profile to let potential jobs that you are really great at what you do
- Tell people that you are peers with the most influential people in the industry
- Position yourself as the best in your business