This week’s episode of Good Girls Get Rich Podcast is jam-packed of information about your LinkedIn company page.
We are joined by Rebecca Vertucci, a Senior Customer Success Manager at LinkedIn where she has trained recruiters and hiring personnel on how to find and hire top talent and build their employer brands. Rebecca is also the founder of The Vertucci Group, which provides coaching, workshops and online programs for career transitioners, entrepreneurs and business leaders. Rebecca is frequently called on to speak at conferences, universities and corporations to bring her unique perspective and expertise to audiences around the globe.
In this episode, Karen and Rebecca talk about LinkedIn in a very passionate way. Listen and learn LinkedIn hacks from two angles – entrepreneur and LinkedIn employee perspective. This is gonna be a long one but we promise you a bunch of tips and strategies on leveraging LinkedIn for your business. So, buckle up and enjoy!
About the Episode:
The secret to leveraging your LinkedIn company page first begins with understanding the difference between a company page, and a personal page.
Your Personal Profile
LinkedIn at the core of its business is a social network. Having a personal LinkedIn profile is essential for any business owner to showcase who you are and your experience. This is where people can put a face behind your business, which is extremely important when it comes to many things including:
- Connecting with potential clients
- Sharing your business/LinkedIn company page in groups
- Engaging with other business owners and building relationships
LinkedIn Company Page
In order to leverage your LinkedIn company page, you need to think of your company page in this way:
Your company page is your LinkedIn business website and a content hub.
Your LinkedIn company page is where you can elaborate on things that are specific to your company, product, services etc. This also has features to grow your business that a LinkedIn profile doesn’t have. Like the following:
- Paid advertising
- Insights into your followers
- Tools to help your business scale
The Secret’s to Leveraging Your LinkedIn Company Page:
Know Your Target Audience
LinkedIn is a social network in the sense that people are looking at company pages for specialized, professional content. Those people are also typically, much higher engaged than any other social network.
LinkedIn is a quality game, not a quantity game.
Plan your content and page strategy around what type of industry you’re in and the people in that industry. The best type of content you can give them, is something that helps them actively solve a problem they are having at that moment in time.
Also, remember to post your content when your target audience is typically online. Do they work 9-5 jobs? Post before and after work. Are they entrepreneurs? Post during lunch hours or later at night. Thinking about your audience will get you in the mindset of posting when your audience wants the content.
Get more eyes on your content
As mentioned before, LinkedIn focuses on quality. Posting 2-3 times a week will keep you top of mind to your followers and won’t allow them to forget about your LinkedIn Company page.
Take advantage of your personal profile on LinkedIn here. Reposting your company page’s content to your feed and groups you are in will increase the reach of your LinkedIn company page.
Secret Quick Tips to Leverage Your LinkedIn Company Page from Rebecca Vertucci:
LinkedIn operates on hashtags just like many other social networks. Place 1-2 hashtags in each piece of content on your LinkedIn company page to appear under the search for the hashtag.
**If someone is following a hashtag you use in a post, your content will appear in their feed even if they’re not already following you. Take advantage of these to leverage your LinkedIn profile, but don’t go overboard, as posting too many makes your content appear unprofessional.
As LinkedIn is the largest aggregator of content, they provide a section called “trending topics”. Writing about trending topics at least once a week helps increase engagement and reach of your posts.
Struggling to think of what to write for your audience? LinkedIn uses your post engagement and searches of followers to provide you with content suggestions on the free version of the company page.
- Rebecca’s journey as an entrepreneur and as a LinkedIn employee (4:45)
- Does employer branding differ from company branding? (8:25)
- The LinkedIn company page is your LinkedIn website and content hub. (12:51)
- Getting more people to see your content on LinkedIn (14:28)
- LinkedIn is a quality game, not a quantity game. (18:15)
- Tips and strategies to get more eyes on your business page (20:40)
- Advantage of using LinkedIn Native Video than just posting a YouTube link: You get “real” views. (23:55)
- What kind of content should you be posting on your LinkedIn Company page and how often? (28:45)
- LinkedIn Hack: Pay attention to what’s trending. (30:49)
- Best practices for setting up a LinkedIn Company Page (32:48)
- What is a Spotlight Page and when should you use it? (36:38)
- Optimizing Linkedln page for SEO in Google (40:15)
- LinkedIn is the biggest aggregator of content. (41:45)
- Tips for managing your LinkedIn company page (44:18)
- For a small organization perspective, how should you leverage your LinkedIn Company page? (47:03)
- A company that invests in their employee’s personal brands just builds a stronger company. (53:43)
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
- Check out Rebecca’s website to learn more about her and her services.
- LinkedIn for Business: Why all entrepreneurs MUST be on LinkedIn – In this episode, Rebecca covers 3 key reasons why to consider LinkedIn as part of your business strategy.
- Top 4 Ways All Entrepreneurs Should be Using LinkedIn – Rebecca’s freebie video + pdf training to help entrepreneurs know exactly what activities to focus on when growing their business on LinkedIn
- Connect with Rebecca:
- Rev.com – $1 per minute to transcribe your recording
Help Us Spread The Word!
It would be awesome if you shared the Good Girls Get Rich Podcast with your fellow entrepreneurs on twitter. Click here to tweet some love!
If this episode has taught you just one thing, I would love if you could head on over to Apple Podcasts and SUBSCRIBE TO THE SHOW! And if you’re moved to, kindly leave us a rating and review. Maybe you’ll get a shout out on the show!