This week, Good Girls Get Rich features, guest, Shonte Jovan Taylor. Shonte uses the knowledge of how powerful the brain can be when it is healthy, productive, and centered. When the brain is in these EMPOWERED states, people can better reach success in their personal, professional, and business lives.
She’s a UCLA Neuroscience graduate with over 15 years of graduate level brain research including intrauterine growth retardation, concussions, PTSD, brain injuries, and dementia research.is a #1 best-selling author, serial entrepreneur, digital marketing expert with more than 10 years of industry expertise helping companies scale revenue, optimize sales and marketing processes and improve productivity.
We want to hear your thoughts on this episode! Leave us a message on Speakpipe or email us at email@example.com.
- Shonte wanted to change the world with neuroscience (5:02)
- Let’s not fix what’s broken, lets train ourselves to be better (7:22)
- If we take care of our brain in our 20’s 30’s 40’s 50’s 60’s the likelihood of dementia goes down.(9:00)
- Karen’s personal and family history with Alzheimer’s and Dementia – and the generational implications (11:04)
- Be proactive with exercising your brain the way you do the rest of your body (12:18)
- Our brain is wired to be more aware of threats than rewards, we can impact that (15:27)
- Just deciding to become an entrepreneur takes a lot of courage – out of your primitive brain comfort zone (16:45)
- Listen how to decide what’s logical, what’s intuition, and left brain right brain issues! (19:00)
- We have to get our amygdala under control (21:11)
- Most people will think you’re nuts when you decide to be an entrepreneur. You’re experiences situations and people in a totally different way, and your emotional brain wants to be secure. (28:00)
- One way to be sure you’re in your peak state – take a nap! When we’re tired our IQ goes down. (34:18)
- Can we train ourselves to change our sleep cycle? Society created a second day time and our bodies are confused. (39:05)
- When parents understand the dynamics of the teen brain they can be more compassionate an sympathetic instead of trying to force something not natural. (40:45)
- Shonte’ has mastered the art of teaching neuroscience for everyone (45:15)
- Your clients want to learn about their brain (46:45)
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
- Shonte’ has an 8 week certification program .
- Join Karen’s Triple Your Biz Club, a group coaching program where we work on your business every single day!
- .Shonte’s website is HERE
- Connect with Shonte’ on LinkedIn, Instagram, and Facebook!
- Grab Shonte’s free ebook HERE
- Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know if you want to be notified when Shonte’s webinar is live again.
Help Us Spread The Word!
It would be awesome if you shared the Good Girls Get Rich Podcast with your fellow entrepreneurs on twitter. Click here to tweet some love!
If this episode has taught you just one thing, I would love if you could head on over to Apple Podcasts and SUBSCRIBE TO THE SHOW! And if you’re moved to, kindly leave us a rating and review. Maybe you’ll get a shout out on the show!
Ways to Subscribe to Good Girls Get Rich:
- Click here to subscribe via Apple Podcasts
- Click here to subscribe via PlayerFM
- You can also subscribe via Stitcher
- Good Girls Get Rich is also on Spotify
- Take a listen on Podcast Addict