As Karen previously stated, LinkedIn is the best place to be in 2019. This also applies to podcasts!
If you are a podcaster, or you want to be a podcaster, this week’s Good Girls Get Rich episode is definitely for you! On this episode, Karen gave strategic tips on achieving your podcast goals. And of course, as you may already know, Karen’s expertise is LinkedIn so expect this episode to dive deep on specifically converting your LinkedIn connections to your podcast’s success.
Karen recently became a guest speaker of Podfest Multimedia Expo and some of the things she talked about on this episode are rounded up from her talk on the said event. Listen and learn about the best practices for your LinkedIn profile that can get you more strategic visibility which will then lead to doubling your podcast goals – more downloads more guests and greater success!
- Karen’s LinkedIn inbox is more valuable than her email inbox right now. (3:15)
- Spend few hours a week on LinkedIn to double your podcast goals. Get strategic visibility. (4:04)
- Learn how LinkedIn became the money tree for monetizing Good Girls Get Rich Podcast (5:08)
- Realizing the importance of your personal brand as the podcast host. (7:15)
- BE YOU. Your podcast is most successful when you are you on your podcast. Same is true with LinkedIn. (8:19)
- Think about your LinkedIn profile strategically. Take advantages of the best practices for your LinkedIn profile (9:10)
- The power of keywords: When do you want your profile to come up? Use those words in your LinkedIn headline and summary. (10:26)
- Utilizing LinkedIn’s ‘My Dashboard’ section strategically. (13:04)
- Make your LinkedIn experience section stand out. (16:30)
- Use LinkedIn to get in front of the EXACT RIGHT people. (18:10)
- Be Proactive, Not Reactive to Building your LinkedIn network (19:52)
- Are you connecting with your local media? (23:04)
- Take advantage of LinkedIn’s new feature on building network on your next event (25:39)
- 6 Tips Converting Your LinkedIn Connections to Podcast Success (28:30)
- For podcasts, audio is KING. (30:38)
- LinkedIn also loves video. They’ve recently come out native video and will release Live video soon. (32:45)
- Creating LinkedIn long form post for your show (34:40)
- LinkedIn has become very hashtag centric. Create a hashtag for your show. (36:00)
- At the end of the day, this is about building powerful relationships, not just about building a network (37:55)
- Learn about the 8 step system Karen is using on LinkedIn (39:40)
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
- A conference for podcasters, digital influencers and change-makers, check out Podfest Multimedia Expo where Karen recently became a guest speaker
- Make a first great impression by building a high-quality LinkedIn profile. Learn more by listening to GGGR Episode 58: Your LinkedIn Profile – Bragging or Owning?
- The LinkedIn headline is one of the most important things in our profile, it’s the first thing that people see. Develop a great LinkedIn headline with these tips from GGGR Episode 16: 3 Secrets to Writing a Great LinkedIn Headline
- In Case You Miss It: GGGR Episode 59: Girl Scouts is an Entrepreneurial Training Ground with Sylvia Acevedo
- Path to the Stars: My Journey from Girl Scout to Rocket Scientist – an inspiring memoir for young readers about a Latina rocket scientist whose early life was transformed by joining the Girl Scouts.
Help Us Spread The Word!
It would be awesome if you shared the Good Girls Get Rich Podcast with your fellow entrepreneurs on twitter. Click here to tweet some love!
If this episode has taught you just one thing, I would love if you could head on over to Apple Podcasts and SUBSCRIBE TO THE SHOW! And if you’re moved to, kindly leave us a rating and review. Maybe you’ll get a shout out on the show!
Ways to Subscribe to Good Girls Get Rich:
- Click here to subscribe via Apple Podcasts
- Click here to subscribe via PlayerFM
- You can also subscribe via Stitcher
- Good Girls Get Rich is also on Spotify
- Take a listen on Podcast Addict
Listen in to Karen recap this weeks show!